We encourage you to consider:
- Active membership is generally considered making 30% of the fire calls or more in a given year.
- There are minimum training requirements for riding emergency apparatus and performing fire and rescue duties. During the first two years of joining the company new members are required to complete a number of Fire School classes to fulfill their training requirements. This will be a commitment of some weekends in the spring and fall; if one class is missed many times it is 6 months before it can be made up.
- Meetings and training are typically held on Monday nights; members are expected to attend regularly to provide input in the BVFC’s direction as well as keeping current on training.
- We hold various fundraisers throughout the year. All members are required to work these fundraisers.
- Members are expected to help with the upkeep and maintenance of the station, fire equipment, and apparatus. This includes after alarms returning the apparatus back into service.
- The BVFC interacts with the public on a daily basis and is an organization trusted by the community it serves; therefore, we have adopted a policy regarding criminal and driving records which is attached to the application package.
For more information please use the form below, call 302-337-7272 and leave a message for the President or the Chief, or submit a letter requesting an application to:
Bridgeville Volunteer Fire Company
P.O. Box 728
Bridgeville, DE 19933.